Wusthof Blackwood Ikon 5" Hollow Edge Santoku
The IKON 5" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef’s knife, at a 10 cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.
The jewel of the WÜSTHOF collection, IKON has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood. Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. IKON full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Wash by hand only