Shun Premier 5.5" Nakiri
Quite simply, “nakiri” is Japanese for "vegetable knife." If you haven't used Japanese-style knives before, the nakiri is sure to attract your attention due to its interesting shape. Yet this blade shape is quite practical, too. With its blunt tip, the Shun Premier Nakiri is safer to use in the kitchen, but without sacrificing any of the slicing and dicing power you need when processing vegetables. Because of its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn't rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a push cut by moving the knife down and forward while keeping the edge parallel to the cutting surface. If you cut vegetables for salad or stir-fry, you will simply love using the Shun Premier Nakiri.
- This beautiful knife is perfect for processing vegetables of all kinds
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered TSUCHIME finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan